Due to the cultural times we now live in, I find myself speaking on the topic of homosexuality a lot. So much so, I have often stopped myself in mid-sentence to ask “are you picking on homosexuals?” As many times as I’ve asked myself that question, I’ve answered myself the same, “No, you are not – not unjustly so, anyway; and, not without a first cause. I’m responding.”
What is that first cause, you astutely ask? That is, my family, my freedoms, my ability to live and raise up my children in a world that does not call evil good and good evil, the ability to live my life according to my conscious without the unduly influence of another dictating to me what I will and will not believe. Unbeknownst to many, each of the above is under attack right now.
But, where do your freedoms end and my freedoms begin? This is where most culturally conservatives take issue with the Homosexual Agenda. Can we, as a nation, co-exist with those practicing homosexuality? Yes, we can, similar to how we co-exist with those who practice other culturally degenerate lifestyles (i.e., adultery, lying, gossiping, drunkenness, etc.).
Can we, as a nation, co-exist with the Homosexual Agenda? No, we cannot and will not for long. Don’t believe me? Then see below the modicum of examples of Rights we have long since esteemed in this country being “easily” trampled upon without much hesitation and without much outcry from the media and your local pastor.
It is amazing to me, how unaware the public majority is on the true goal of the Homosexual Agenda; as well as, the true goal of the political and cultural elites who are unflinching in their support. The issue of same sex marriage and, by extension, its full fledge acceptance into every aspect of life, is one of the most defining issues in determining the future direction of our country.
Am I being a little melodramatic? NO! Again, see the small, but alarming examples below of court decisions, boycotts on Christian business, lawsuits, firings, and death threats. Yes, death threats by the very ones who preach tolerance; that is unless you ask them to tolerate your difference of opinion on the topic of homosexuality.
We did not start this fight, but WE must get engaged enough to figure out what our part to play is. We, as the culturally conservative majority, must seriously wake up and get our heads out of the sand. Since most of us our very self-focused, perhaps it would help if we see how the aggressive homosexual agenda is coming soon to a kitchen table near you. Again, read through the following list of attacks on your religious freedom, your personal freedoms, and your parental freedoms.
Although initially heralded as a great addition to the Fox Sports Southwest sportscast team, the Fox Sports network decided to fire Craig James after learning of his Christian faith…after only one day on the job!
Craig James was fired as a Fox Sports sportscaster as a result of sharing his religious beliefs publicly 3 years ago when he was running for public office. A Fox spokesperson said, “We just asked ourselves how Craig’s statements would play in our human resources department. He couldn’t say those things here.”
What did James say that was so egregious that he deserved to be fired?
As a candidate during a Texas U.S. Senate campaign in 2010 and in response to a question that was asked in a town hall forum, Craig James said his Christian faith clearly outlined his position on gay marriage and pledged he would not support same-sex unions. He also stated he was “adamantly opposed to abortion.”
The New Mexico Supreme Court ruled in a unanimous decision that a wedding photographer who refused to provide services to a same-sex couple violated the state’s Human Rights Act. In fact, the court stated, in the Elane Photography v. Vanessa Willock, that photos of the lesbian ceremony should have been taken because it is “the price of citizenship”. The court also wrote that at times like this, people: “…must compromise, if only a little, to accommodate the contrasting values of others,” in what was referred to as a “multicultural, pluralistic society.”
Notice that it is always the Christians who are being ordered by the courts and government to compromise their faith and not the other way around. Christians are told that they need to respect the values of others, but I’ve yet to hear any judge say that others need to respect the values of Christians.
A family-owned Christian bakery, Sweet Cakes By Melissa, posted a message on its Facebook page that their retail store would be shut down after months of harassment from pro-gay marriage forces.
According to the owner, Aaron Klein, within days of refusing to bake a wedding cake for a lesbian couple, militant homosexuals groups launched protests and boycotts. Klein received messages threatening to kill his family. The LGBT protestors then turned on other wedding vendors around the community. They threatened to boycott any florists, wedding planners or other vendors that did business with Sweet Cakes By Melissa. According to Klein, “that tipped the scale”.
To make matters worse, the Oregon’s Bureau of Labor and industries announced they had launched a formal discrimination investigation against the Christian family. The Commissioner said “the goal is to rehabilitate. For those who do violate the law, we want them to learn from that experience…”
In other words, the state is willing to rehabilitate and reeducate Christian business owners like the Kleins.
On the bakery’s Facebook page, Klein posted “Better is a poor man who walks in integrity than a rich man who is crooked in his ways.”
Jack Phillips, the owner of Lakewood’s Masterpiece Cake shop that’s based in Denver, Colorado, said he would sooner shut his business down than “compromise” his beliefs. Phillips denied a wedding cake to an engaged homosexual couple.
Discrimination charges are being brought against him. If Phillips loses the case and refuses to comply with the order, he would face fines of $500 per case and up to a year in jail.
Phillips’ attorney said, “It would force him to choose between his conscience and a paycheck. I just think that’s an intolerable choice.”
5. California allows students to use male or female restrooms based upon their self-identification, not biology
In August of this year, Governor Jerry Brown signed into law a statute (which passed the senate 21 to 9) requiring any school receiving public funding to allow transgender students access to facilities and activities consistent with their gender identity. This allows, for example, a biological male who identifies himself as female to use female restrooms and play on female sports teams. Some Californians are fighting against this absurd law.
Not only are people being attacked for what they say, but also for what they are perceived to believe. Can anyone say “Nazi Germany” with me? On August 9, 2013, Master Sgt. Monk was dismissed by his commander, a lesbian, for his refusal to reveal his personal views regarding homosexual marriage. Earlier she had attacked an instructor who made objectionable comments about homosexual marriage, and so when she asked Monk if he thought it was discriminatory for anyone to oppose such marriages, he declined to answer. She got angrier and angrier with him when he would not answer, as he understood Air Force policy demands silence from homosexual detractors. In the end, he got fired for something his commander thinks he believes, not for anything he said.
In an update to Master Sgt. Monk’s case, he is now being criminally investigated for talking to the media about this event.
Just one month after Illinois Governor Patrick Quinn signed the civil union bill into law in 2011, a homosexual couple filed complaints for the refusal of a privately owned bed and breakfast to rent out their facilities for a civil union ceremony and reception. The bed and breakfast, Timber Creek in Paxton, IL, is owned by Jim Walders, a Christian father of five children.
8. Wait, there’s more…
- In Indianapolis, a family-owned cookie shop faced a discrimination investigation after they refused to make rainbow cookies for National Coming Out Day.
- A T-shirt company in Lexington, Ky. found itself at the center of a Human Rights Commission investigation after they refused to make T-shirts for a local gay rights organization.
- A move to legalize polyamory marriages – marriage that includes more than 2 people.
- Their logic being normalizing polyamory relationships is a way of avoiding having to choose between monogamy and jealousy. Say, what? You read it correctly.
- Please note: The lack of logic here is no different from the tail wind that has rapidly pushed the normalization of homosexuality through every crevice of our society today. No DNA proof is necessary that homosexuality is not innate, but a choice. As a society, we have numbed our minds to the plethora of data that points to the demise of the family, marriage, society, and one’s own body as homosexuality is normalized in any culture.
- Surprising U.S. Supreme Court decision striking down Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), which defines marriage for federal purposes as the union of one man and one woman. In a 5-4 decision, it was held that this definition is unconstitutional and according to Justice Kennedy just “mean-spirited”.
- Boy Scouts of America falls to the never-ending barrage of the homosexual community to gain access to young boys.
- Homosexual-Affirming activities at a public school near you: National Coming Out Day, Ally Week, Spirit Day, LGBT History Month, LGBT Pride Month, No Name Calling Week, and the Day of Silence…just to name a few.
- Aurora East High School Board of Education initially adopted a radical policy on Gender Confusion
- Washington State is suing a Christian florist who declined to provide floral arrangements for a homosexual “wedding” ceremony. The state is threatening thousands of dollars in fines and a requirement that the elderly florist provide floral arrangements to any homosexual couple that seeks her services.
- A Christian owner of a bed and breakfast in Hawaii has been ordered to provide a room to any same-sex couple that wants to stay there, thus violating her religious convictions.
God bless us all…2 comments