- Presidential Candidates
- November 8, 2016
This is a part-time Internship position within the parachurch ministry of Truth Exchange. Truth Exchange is a faith-based Christian Apologetics ministry that competes for minds in the marketplace of ideas. Truth Exchange works outside of and across denominations to engage minds to THINK critically and decisively about the world around them from a Biblical perspective.
Without using sophomoric comments, demeaning language, political affiliations, and ridicule, the Truth Exchange discussions engages in winsome, yet critical analysis of some of the hot-potato topics facing every American today. (www.TruthExchange.net)
Truth Exchange currently has four primary channels for reaching its intended market:
- National & Local Television appearances
- Freelance Writing on Political and Cultural topics
- Website and social media management
- Assist in writing (more details will be provided at time of selection)
- Professional attitude and strong communication skills in dealing with a wide array of personalities.
- Must be detailed oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Research a wide variety of topics expanding across worldviews, economics, health care, politics, etc. Will train.
- Solid skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are helpful, but not required. Will train.
- Perform office communications via phone, fax, e-mail, and Internet.
- Perform editing, drafting, and proofreading of select correspondence and presentations.
- Ability to handle confidential information and sensitive issues.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and identify work priorities and functions with very little supervision.
- Must be self-motivated and high level of energy.
- Other duties or responsibilities as deemed necessary for the successful attainment of goals.
No degree or work experience necessary. Will train. Candidates must be in agreement with the Evangelical mission of Truth Exchange. Have a desire to grow in spiritual maturity, to grow in their personal development, and to grow in their interpersonal relationships with others. Candidate must have a heart and passion to see people whole. Must like children. Must have own transportation.
Preferably, internship will last for at least 1 year, but not required; will also consider 3 and 6 month durations. Hours will fluctuate between 5 and 10 hours per week. Weekly work schedule is flexible and is open for discussion.
Internship is a volunteer position. In recompense for work, candidate will receive a solid recommendation from the President and Founder of Truth Exchange. Candidate will also benefit from the numerous networking opportunities from high volume interactions with political leaders, economists, radio and television employees. Notably, candidate will distinguish themselves with proficient research skills, sharpened critical thinking skills, acute confidence in articulating thoughts from a studied and logic based perspective, and an amplified business acumen. Best of all, candidate will have the opportunity to make an eternal and direct difference in the lives of many.
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and list of at least 3 references. One of the references should be a spiritual mentor or pastor. The cover letter should include 2 things: the candidate’s personal testimony and why he/she believes they are a good fit for Truth Exchange. Forward all correspondence via the form on our Contact Page. No phone calls please. This is an ideal position for an individual who has demonstrable passion and commitment to excellence.
Position will remain open until filled (or until a specific date).